Fort Lauderdale gives 23 miles of beaches with magnificent views, as well as a way of Venice-like waterways, a global yachting scene, and acclaimed eateries for alfresco dining along the canal. Las Olas Boulevard (the Rodeo Drive of Fort Lauderdale) proffers for some great shopping and people-watching.
Its hold Port Everglades which is the second-busiest cruise port in the world, with ships leaving daily for the Caribbean, Mexico and ahead. Whether Fort Lauderdale is just a layover before you begin on a cruise or your final destination, the city gives a nice mix of resting beaches, hip regions, art and fun for a thriving day-to-night culture view.
Best water adventures in Fort Lauderdale Florida
Catch an epic tour of Fort Lauderdale’s many picturesque waterways — rivers, canals, the cruise port, and the sea — with a chance that saves 40% on a sun- and fun-filled experience.
What you need to know
- 48-hour reservation needed
- Directed to weather conditions
- The operator must be 18 or older, and passenger must be at least 16 years old
Sail the “Venice of America” in style with a special charter of a 690 Marquis yacht ended with captain, snacks, and sodas.
- Monday toThursday 2-hour tour of the Intracoastal Waterway aboard a special yacht with a captain for up to 6 guests
- $25 per extra guest up to a total of 12 passengers
- Snacks, sodas, and water
What you need to know
- Tax and tip are extra
- $500 security required at time of booking
- All purchases are final and incur 100% cancellation fines
- Rain or shine unless climate conditions are unsafe
See homes, mega-yachts, voyage ships, and waterfront establishments on Fort Lauderdale’s Intracoastal Waterway as you navigate on a luxurious private yacht. More extended yacht charters also accessible; inquire with the dealer for details and pricing.
This deal completely saves you 15% on the only SEABOB rental open in the U.S. With the camera package, and you can record your underwater adventure and quickly download and share after your adventure.
- It will cost $135 per person for a 90-minutes SEABOB snorkel tour … Monday to Sunday
- Snorkel mask, guide belt (harness), SEABOB camera package and travel guide
The SEABOB is an over- and under-water jet ski that can touch speeds of up to 9 mph on the outside and eight mph below. Beach Ventures receives guests from age 12 and up to see two Fort Lauderdale bars using this novel method as transportation.
The Middle River snakes within Fort Lauderdale and traveler can traverse it with Sunrise Paddleboards’ Island City ECO Paddle and learn for half off.
The paddleboard trip is now $49 per person through January 2020 and leaves daily at 1 p.m.
USA Today suggests Sunrise Paddleboards on its list of “12 Epic Points to go Paddleboarding.” All gear is included, and the plans vary by the guide but most move through the Colohatchee Nature Park.